Processing of personal data in WCOM-Group Ltd services:
WCOM-Group Group is committed to protecting the privacy of users of its services in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable legislation.
1. What information about me is processed?
We collect personal data about you that is necessary for the purposes described in section 2 of this Privacy Statement.
Information provided by the user or personally identifiable information:
- Name, telephone number, e-mail address
- registration data required for the digital account, such as username and password or other unique identifier, if any
- customer feedback, contacts and cancellation information
- permissions and consents
- other data collected from the user
Data observed during the use of the Services:
- Usage and browsing data for the features of the Service
- The use of the Service: the page from which the user has accessed our website, device model, unique device and/or cookie identifier, data collection channel (web browser, mobile browser, app), browser version, IP address, session ID, session time and duration, and screen resolution and operating system.
- The observed, not logged-in, user is typically identified by a cookie or similar identifier.
- Location data, such as coordinates calculated from GPS or WLAN access points or mobile phone base stations, if explicitly authorised by the user.
- Other data collected with the user's consent.
- Data derived from the use of services or other data: Derived data means data inferred by analytics from observed use of a service and/or from information provided by the customer himself, for example, possible interests of the user or segmentation into a group of certain types of users.
Content data, e.g. measurement data and target data related to a point-to-point water measurement.
2. For what purpose is my personal data processed?
We use personal data to serve our customers, maintain customer relations and for marketing purposes. It is not used for automated decision-making or profiling.
3. On what basis is my personal data processed?
The legal basis for processing personal data under the EU General Data Protection Regulation is the legitimate interest of the controller (customer relationship).
When we send you electronic marketing messages, we process your data on the basis of consent or on the basis of a positional mandate contained in the person's job description. Legal obligation: we keep billing information for the period required by law for tax and accounting purposes.
4. How will my data be stored and aggregated?
We store data observed and derived from the use of the services in such a way that the user cannot be personally identified.
5. How long will my data be stored?
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in section 2 above, in accordance with the applicable legislation. We will keep data observed from the use of the Services for a maximum of two years from the date of collection. Depending on the purpose for which the data was collected, we may also retain the data for a shorter period.
6. Who processes my personal data?
Wcom-Group oy's staff may process personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Act in force from time to time. We may also outsource part of the processing of personal data to a third party, in which case we will ensure through contractual arrangements that the personal data is processed in accordance with the Personal Data Act and otherwise appropriately.
As a general rule, we do not transfer data outside the EU and EEA. Where we transfer data outside the EU or EEA, we will ensure an adequate level of protection of personal data, including by agreeing on confidentiality issues as required by law, for example using standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, and otherwise by processing personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
7. Will my personal data be transferred to third parties?
We do not sell, rent or disclose personal data to third parties. We may disclose your personal data as required by competent authorities or other bodies, in accordance with applicable law.
8. How is my personal data protected?
We use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect personal data against unauthorised access, disclosure, destruction or other unlawful processing. These include the use of firewalls, encryption technologies, secure equipment rooms, appropriate access control, controlled granting and monitoring of access rights, the use of encryption technologies, guidance on the processing of personal data and careful selection of subcontractors.
9. Are cookies used and what are they?
We may collect information about users' terminal equipment through cookies and other similar technologies, such as the browser's local data store. A cookie is a small text file that a browser stores on a user's terminal. Cookies often contain an anonymous, unique identifier that allows us to identify and count the number of browsers visiting our site.
10. Is it possible for someone else to collect information about my visits?
11. What kind of influence do I have?
Users have the right to review the personal data stored about them. At the user's request, we will correct, delete or complete personal data that are inaccurate, unnecessary, incomplete or outdated for the purposes of processing. The User may update and/or verify his/her personal data by contacting our customer service.
12. Can this privacy statement be amended?
We are constantly developing our services and we reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement by posting a notice on our services. Changes may also be based on changes in legislation. We recommend that you review the contents of this Privacy Statement regularly.
13. Where can I contact you?
Please contact us in the first instance by e-mail at info(at)metec.fi.
You can also send any enquiries relating to this privacy statement and any complaints regarding the targeting of advertising to the following address